Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Am Obsessed

With skirt making... So simple and so stinkin' cute!!! I made two today, one with a pillowcase and the other with my old scrub top. You just cut and hem the top!! Love it!!

As you can tell, I took my sewing machine out of retirement a few days ago. Poor guy was so dusty and sad... It's been months since I touched it and I'm glad I had to take it out. Money's been VERY tight lately and when Amber's friend had a birthday, we decided to make her some gifts. It was that or bounce a check and who wants that to happen?? Not me... I think she was happier with the cool stuff we made her anyway... some bracelets, a cute pair of maroon gauchos, a princess pillow, handmade soap, and a few odds and ends leftover from Amber's birthday. Gauchos and pillow courtesy of Mr. Sewing Machine. Who probably wishes he had a better owner, but hey, I do what I can.

Here's a few pics of the skirts I made today. I ironed on a beaded patch to the plain white one to give it a little color.

I would have had her wear them, but that would have involved waking her up and making her smile. And those things never go hand in hand so we'll leave it at that... Pictures of her wearing them coming soon...


No comments: