Thursday, June 22, 2006

Busy Bee


I had my first sewing lesson last night and it was wonderful!!! Despite my grandma and my mom ditching me (They both actually were busy and will sign up with me next session. You guys are forgiven!) and the fact that I was in a class full of girls all under the age of 14, it went really well. I went out today and bought some cheap fabric to practice on and I made the things in the picture. The little pink bag is for Amber (I know I put the handles on wrong, but I improvised) the blue bag is for Michael, and I made the pillowcases for each of them. They are far from perfect, but I think it was a good first attempt.
I have also been making jewelry, bracelets and earrings. They are very cute. I don't know what I'm going to do with them considering I don't wear jewelry often, but maybe I will give them as gifts. Either way it's fun to do. I have to do something before I go back to work next week. Yuck...

No comments: