Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yikes

Well I found out today that I am going to be having surgery on Thursday. I knew I had a large cyst on my ovary, but we weren't sure what they were going to do about it. Apparently cysts as big a a "newborn's head" are dealt with surgically. Leave it to a OB/GYN to compare it to a child... I thought it was funny. Surgery, not so funny. I've never had it so I'm a little freaked out and don't really know what to expect. I do realize it's this totally routine procedure, but still, it puts things into perspective. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Regina said...

I'm sorry you have to have surgery :( But, do not fear or worry. I've had 2 already and they were no big deal. Enjoy the anesthesia for the few seconds that you can before you're totally zonked out. I wore earphones with my favorite music during my last. There is evidence that you'll subconsciously think about whatever the surgeon talks about while operating on you.

Take care!
R.