Monday, October 09, 2006

I am still alive...

Wow, where do I begin? It's only been, what, 3 months?? Amber started kindergarten, which she loves! And I love her wonderful teacher.... Michael started third grade and it is proving to be quite difficult. His teacher is nice enough, but gives ridiculous amounts of homework. It's like I am in school again, planning the day around homework and studying. Too much crap for a 7 year old. Maybe if he's a super genius by the end of 3rd grade, I will take back all of the bad things I have said and thought about his teacher, but I'm not holding my breath. And Michael is just fine the way he is now.
So I officially know how to sew now. Ok, maybe just a little, but I no longer look at the sewing machine with wonder and hear the crickets chirping. That is how I look at the sewing directions though, it's like another language to me. Every project I do makes a little more sense though, so maybe it will come eventually. I'll post pictures of a few of the things I have made at the end.
Scott and I are doing well. He is still working at the prison and I am still working at the hospital. I am going per-diem in November which pretty much means I work once a week, and then whenever else I feel like it. I want to do medical transcriptioning at home, I just have to find courses and sign up. I'm not sure how it works yet, but I am hopeful. Anything so I could stay at home would be wonderful. Well, hopefully I will start updating more often, no promises but I will try.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Nice to see you back. Breat job with the bag and dress. It took me forever to understand sewing directions.

It was nice seeing the other night! Hope to see you again real soon!