Thursday, May 18, 2006

Freezer Paper Stencils

Here is my first attempt at freezer paper stencils. I did it on a cute tank that's almost too small for Amber (in case we messed it up) and it came out all right. I also did a dinosaur for Michael on his pajama shirt. The dinosaur came out really cute, but I need to get brighter paints so you can see it better. First I got some freezer paper (in the grocery store) and cut off a piece, then I used a heart shaped cookie cutter and traced it onto the paper. I used an exacto knife to cut it out. I ironed the freezer paper to the shirt, painted it with fabric paint, waited until it dried and peeled it off. Amber decided she wanted an "A" on her heart, so I made one for her. Not too bad, I just hope I did it right... I have seen more intricate things online and I have no clue how it was done. Maybe I just need more practice.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Yea!!! Great job! Was it fun? I can't wait to see what else you make!