Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Little Ones

This is me with my kiddos... aren't they beautiful?? I love black and white photos, photography is another interest I have yet to pursue. But this post is not about me...

Michael turned 7 in October. While he may be a bit (ok a lot) short tempered, the kid has a heart of gold. He's probably the most forgiving person I know, and the most loving. He lets me kiss him in public and hold his hand whenever I want without dying of embarrassment. He actually likes it. It's just nice to see, the fact that you can love your kids and they can love you back without worrying what other people think. People are so crazy these days about not wanting to seem weak or something, it's just beyond me. Sooner or later, they will grow up and start a family of their own, so I plan on enjoying every second I have with my babies while I can. Anyway, back to Michael. He loves school, yeah, imagine that, a kid who loves school. He is in the second grade at a Catholic school nearby. In first grade, he won his class spirituality award. (That's the heart of gold I mentioned earlier.) He plays soccer, takes swimming lessons, singing lessons, and this summer will start gymnastics and have science camp for a week. He definitely likes to be active. He loves magic, and just today bought his very own magic kit. I hope that when I learn to sew, I can make him a magician's cape with stars on it like he wants. And that's my Michael, well not all of him, I could go on forever. He's not perfect, but hey, who is?

Amber turned 5 in January. It was quite the milestone birthday, I think perhaps she thought she turned into a princess. Not that she's not our little princess, but the new princess came with a bit (ok a lot) of attitude. But she is the sweetest little thing out there, she's my little cuddlebug. She started preschool this year, and it was not her who was crying, but me. She loves it, I mean loves it... she gets along with everyone and everyone is like her best friend. Her teachers are wonderful people, we got really lucky. She starts kindergarten in the fall, and I have faith that she is more than ready. Hopefully she doen't get sick too much this year. I swear, every time I turn around, the poor girl has strep throat or something else awful. But she's definitely not the whiny complainer when she gets sick, so we have fun when she has to stay home. She also takes swimming lessons, is doing ballet, and will take gymnastics and is going to learn how to ice skate. Yeah, ice skate in Arizona. Her taste is definitely random. She gets bored with thing very easily, (she's been through ballet/tumble class, tap dance, regular ballet class, some gymnastics, soccer, the list goes on) so hopefully she will find something soon that she likes and stick with it. Or not, she's that kind of girl. I love her either way.

So there's a little taste of my children, I'm sure I will talk about them more often than not, but hey, what can you do when you're in love with your kids? =0)

1 comment:

Regina said...

Yeah!!! It's wonderful! I'm glad you decided to start one. I'm in love with blogging. I've met some amazaing people through my blog and am able to share my kids , my art- anything I want! I really enjoy it. Let me know if you need any help figuring all this blog stuff out!